Location: Swiss Cottage
Salary: £25.00 - £35.00 per hour
Post Date: 26/04/2018
About the role:
We have fantastic opportunities to join our team of community based Nurses providing care and support to Adults with diverse complex care needs.
We require Registered Nurses with proven complex community nursing experience. Our client requires 24 hour nursing care. She has Motor Neurone Disease, also has bi-lateral poor hearing, recurrent chest infections and low mood. She receives PEG feeds overnight via a pump. She is fully orientated and aware. Requires assistance with breathing and is fully ventilated via Tracheostomy and Nippy 3 ventilator.
Shift hours are 08:00-20:00 & 20:00-08:00
Rates of pay range from £21.20 - £34.50 per hour.
Experience in the following areas is essential:
• Tracheostomy inner tube checks and changes.
• Saturation monitoring and management
• Fortnightly tracheostomy tube changes.
• Oral and tracheostomy suctioning
• Management of a Nippy 3+ ventilator (humidified), changed to HME filter system when going out
• Administration of medication via PEG and Nebuliser
• Management of feed regime via Gastrostomy
• Full bowel care
• Management of a supra-pubic catheter
• Equipment checks
Are you a Nurse with the following:
• Valid NMC PIN • Previous experience of supporting clients within the community with complex health needs
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Access to your own vehicle with business insurance
About the Company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay including holiday pay • NEST Pension Scheme
• On-going support from your local Community Matron
• Loyalty scheme providing you with reimbursed DBS costs
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• Free first uniform
• Nurse of the Month recognition scheme
• Access to ‘Your Interserve’ – manage your availability online!
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).